9 Health and Wellness Business Trends Skyrocketing Business
Health and wellness is a booming industry. Recent numbers released by McKinsey and Company show that more than half of all Americans—about 166 million people—are making wellness a top priority, that’s up from 42% back in 2020. This increased consumer demand is creating a number of opportunities for savvy investors.
Health and Wellness Market Size
The term health and wellness encompasses a large industry that’s worth more than $4.3 trillion globally and is on the path to hit a value of $7 trillion by 2025, according to Statista. But what exactly is wellness? The Global Wellness Institute defines wellness as the active pursuit of activities, choices, and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health. As Americans continue to prioritize their health, demand is growing in the wellness industry for a myriad of services including fitness, nutrition, mental health, and self-care.
Health and Wellness Business Trends
When examining health and wellness business ideas, there are several topics to consider that lead to well-being. There is physical, emotional, and spiritual health, along with mental wellness, social connections and environmental awareness.
Consider these personal wellness business ideas:
- Nutritional health: There is a growing focus on individual health needs, including personalized nutrition services and products. Products like DNA-based diets, meal delivery services tailored to specific dietary requirements, and personalized supplement regimens all fit into this category. Customized IV therapy designed to ensure hydration and vitamin supplementation has become increasingly popular as well.
- Mental health: The Anxiety and Depression Society of America says 40 million adults are dealing with stress and anxiety disorders. The awareness surrounding mental health has increased significantly, leading to a rise in businesses offering stress reduction and mental wellness solutions. This includes meditation apps, stress management programs, mental health coaching, and therapy services. Many people have even started sound healing as part of their relaxation and mental well-being.
- Technology: Tech advancements have revolutionized the fitness industry. Wearable devices, fitness trackers, smart gym equipment, and virtual fitness platforms are growing in popularity. These technologies help individuals track their progress, receive personalized workout plans, and participate in virtual classes.
- Wellness-focused travel experiences: Retreats and resorts offering yoga, meditation, spa treatments, and healthy cuisine are gaining traction. Wellness tourism often combines vacationing with activities that support physical and mental well-being.
- Clean and eco-friendly products: Consumers are becoming more conscious of the ingredients in their personal care and household products. This is leading to an increased demand for natural, organic, and non-toxic alternatives, including skincare, beauty, cleaning, and home products.
- Workplace wellness: More companies are recognizing the importance of employee well-being. Workplace wellness programs and initiatives aimed at improving physical fitness, mental health, and work/life balance are growing. This includes on-site gyms, mindfulness training, flexible work arrangements, and employee assistance programs.
- Sleep aids: Sleep and its impact on overall health is gaining ground. Products and services that aid in improving sleep quality, such as smart sleep trackers, sleep coaching, supplements, and specialized bedding, are becoming big business.
- Coaching: As people look for guidance in achieving their health goals, the demand for wellness coaches is growing. These professionals provide personalized support, advice, and accountability in areas such as nutrition, fitness, stress management, and lifestyle changes.
- Holistic and alternative therapies: Practices such as acupuncture, chiropractic care, herbal medicine, and energy healing are gaining mainstream recognition. In fact, some health insurance companies are covering healing massage therapies that are needed for medical conditions such as pain or stress.
Consider an Investment with MassageLuXe
If you’re looking for a health and wellness business opportunity—owning a massage spa franchise like MassageLuXe has great potential. Consider this—according to the American Massage Therapy Association, 54% of Americans are receiving massage therapy on a routine basis to deal with chronic pain. As an owner of a wellness franchise, you provide a much-needed and in-demand service for your community.
You’ll be part of one of the fastest-growing massage and spa franchises in the country. While your customer base will include those who need massage for physical wellness, there is also great demand for the stress-relieving properties of massage. The relaxed setting of your spa pampers clients with comfort.
Our membership model creates a recurring revenue opportunity for you. In addition, the ability to upsell our product line gives you yet another revenue stream to increase your income possibilities.
If you are looking for a health and wellness franchise opportunity in the $18 billion massage industry, request franchise information. We look forward to the chance to discuss this further with you.