9 Massage Therapy Add-On Services to Increase Revenue
Whether it’s due to the need for relaxation, stress reduction, or medical issues, the massage industry is seeing tremendous growth. Expected to be valued at nearly $128 billion globally this year, the spa and wellness industry is in demand. For spa owners, there is always an opportunity to expand offerings to enhance the spa experience for your clients and increase your sales.
As you think about an opportunity in the massage business, make sure you are taking into account the add-on opportunities associated with the services you may provide. These add-on services are designed to elevate relaxation and rejuvenation; while positively impacting the amount your clients spend with your business. Clients like to try new trends, especially if those services improve their well-being. With such emphasis on self-care and wellness, many clients are looking for opportunities to do more for their overall health. Here are some massage therapy add-on services you should consider.
1. Hot Stone – Giving your clients the option to add hot stones to their massage is a great way to offer additional relaxation by taking the service to the next level. Hot stones offer a concentrated therapy to warm and loosen tight muscles by incorporating heated, smooth stones into a massage. This can be effective in improving circulation and ridding the body of toxins.
2. Scalp Treatment – A head massage is a rejuvenating and relaxing massage designed to stimulate the nerves and blood vessels beneath your scalp. It calms muscle tension around the head and can even promote hair growth. You can consider using a serum along with this treatment that helps to nourish damaged hair and promote youthful skin.
3. Warming and Cooling Treatments – You may consider using products as an add-on in a massage to provide deep muscle relief, decrease inflammation, and increase circulation through warming and cooling effects.
4. Foot Treatments – This is another great option when selecting massage therapy add-on services. Foot treatments and scrubs are a great way to build up a client’s service with you. Consider starting with a sugar scrub exfoliation followed by a hydrating massage. The scrub helps exfoliate the feet and remove any dead skin cells. Once the scrub is performed, your client will notice an immediate difference.
5. Face Masks – While the client is enjoying the massage face-up, you can offer them a face mask for an instant soothing and moisturizing effect that will have them glowing following their service. This is also a great way to introduce clients to the facial side of your business if applicable.
6. Back Facial – Clients who may have back acne or blemishes can have the back treated much like the face. A facial for the back includes cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, and moisture. It can heal blemishes and provide a soothing muscle treatment for the shoulders and back. This service is typically performed by an esthetician and is a great upsell following a massage.
7. Eye Treatment – Noticing puffiness and lines around the clients’ eyes gives you a chance to encourage an additional service to brighten undereye circles and reduce fine lines and signs of aging. A moisture therapy eye treatment can be added on during the service and offered for purchase at checkout, to continue the regimen at home. The same can be done for a lip treatment.
8. Aromatherapy – An aromatherapy massage is massage therapy with the addition of one or more scented plant oils, called essential oils, to address specific needs. You can have multiple options for the client to select that are relaxing, energizing, stress-reducing, balancing, etc.
9. Facial – There’s nothing better than relaxing with a massage followed by a facial. Send your clients into full relaxation and rejuvenation mode by not only offering a massage but also refreshing their skin with a customized treatment. This pairing is sure to have clients coming back to your doors.
Better Opportunities by Franchising With MassageLuXe
Massage therapy add-on services are a great idea to improve offerings for clients, but a better way to increase profit without trying to figure this out on your own would be to partner with a strong, established spa franchise like MassageLuXe.
We are a leader in massage industry trends, with a mission to provide an unparalleled experience that supports and encourages health, well-being, and quality of life. Our services help clients relax, remove pain, and restore health. We provide eight unique massage treatments and 10 highly effective facials with opportunities to enhance client experiences through customized spa packages. Our services also include facial and body waxing — all elements designed to grow the customer experience and your bottom line as a franchise owner.
We designed our model to encourage ongoing client participation and visits, create steadier sales cycles, and reduce administration and billing time. As a franchisee, your revenue is driven by a membership-pricing model. We generate further profit opportunities with an expanding service line and product offerings.
Gift cards are another revenue stream that encourages members to spend additional money within the spa and drive new customers into the spa through gift-giving. The end goal is to increase client engagement, pre- and post-appointment.
To learn more about spa franchise opportunities with MassageLuXe, scroll down to fill out the contact form below.