Give the gift of self-care
Rebecca Collins, owner of MassageLuXe Blue Springs, shares how to help mom or grandma focus on self-care this Mother’s Day weekend with the benefits of a spa day.
View the original article here: https://www.kctv5.com/better/give-the-gift-of-self-care/video_91be96de-347d-5dae-9c46-ab54c29af078.html?block_id=1029641
Springfield spa surprises grandmas ahead of Mother’s Day
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WICS/WRSP) — A few lucky grandmas in Springfield are being pampered at a local spa as part of a Mother's Day surprise.
MassageLuXe is giving away free massages and facials to grandmothers, like Jaye Miller, who have gone through so much during the pandemic.
"I'm real excited about this," Miller said. "My daughter's jealous. She would like it, too."
While balancing two grandchildren and caring for her elderly parents during the pandemic, Miller is thankful to be gifted her first massage and have a chance to unwind.
"This is kind of a nice treat for me to be able to maybe do something for myself," Miller said.
Chris Brown, the district manager at MassageLuXe, said clients had the chance to nominate grandmothers they felt deserved a free massage and facial.
"We just really appreciate you coming in and everything you've done for your family and hope you get to enjoy," Brown told Miller.
After last year's Mother's Day, both the staff and Miller said they're cherishing the chance to finally celebrate the holiday in person with family.
"This is going to be great!" Miller said.
View the original article here: https://newschannel20.com/news/local/springfield-spa-surprises-grandmas-ahead-of-mothers-day
Grandma Surprised With Mother’s Day Makeover
Pari Farshchian’s daughter and granddaughter surprised her at a spa in New Jersey with a much-needed spa day, free of charge.
View the original article here: https://www.ntd.com/grandma-surprised-with-mothers-day-makeover_609797.html
Summer of Self Care
Stephanie Hill, VP of Marketing with MassageLuXe talks with Bloom host Gayle Guyardo about the importance of self care. MassageLuXe is a fast-growing massage and spa franchise delivering the highest standard of services in the membership-based massage, facial and waxing industry. Visit massageluxe.com to discover our treatment offerings and book your next appointment.
View the original article here: https://www.wfla.com/bloom/summer-of-self-care/
MassageLuXe Selected a Top Emerging Franchise for 2021 by Franchise Gator
Rapidly Growing Massage Brand Makes Fastest Growing Franchise List for Another Year
March 04, 2021 // Franchising.com // MassageLuXe, a leading massage franchise, was chosen as a Fastest Growing Franchise in 2021 by Franchise Gator. This is the eighth year that the online franchise directory has published a Fastest Growing Franchises ranking and was created to help future franchise owners identify franchises on the rise. MassageLuXe ranked as the number 44 franchise on the Fastest Growing Franchises list. This is the second consecutive year the brand has made the list.
“Being recognized by Franchise Gator as one of the Fastest Growing Franchises is an honor,” says MassageLuXe CEO Mark Otter. “Our team works incredibly hard, and it is great to see our efforts being recognized. 2020 was surely an interesting year for all, our ability to continue growing is not something we take for granted. I’m very grateful for our MassageLuXe team and our franchisees.”
"Strong growth is one of many areas a prospective franchisee should look at when evaluating a franchise brand," said Eric Bell, General Manager at Franchise Gator. “There are two sides to the growth coin, selling new units and not losing those that are up and running. Growth in franchise units is a figure prospective franchisees should be looking at during the exploration process.”
MassageLuXe is a fast-growing massage and spa franchise that provides luxurious treatments to customers across the country. Massage services are becoming increasingly popular as more people seek out the health benefits of this time-honored practice. MassageLuXe offers services to help clients relax, remove pain, and restore health.
“Congratulations to MassageLuXe for making the Fastest Growing Franchises list,” says Bell. “More units equals more royalty dollars, which is the cornerstone to a successful system. One that future franchisees are going be lucky to join.”
To view MassageLuXe in the complete list, please visit: https://www.franchisegator.com/lists/fastest-growing/.
Founded in 2008 in St. Louis, Missouri, MassageLuXe is a fast-growing franchise-based spa company with a mission to provide an unparalleled experience that supports and encourages health, wellbeing, and quality of life. MassageLuXe delivers the highest quality massage, facial, and waxing services in a comfortable, relaxing, and luxurious environment.
Massage is a service that improves health, promotes relaxation and overall wellbeing for the consumer, and has been practiced throughout the world for thousands of years. MassageLuXe currently has 69 locations across 16 states and is planning to expand to 250 locations in the next five years.
For more information about MassageLuXe, please go to https://massageluxe.com/
For franchising information about MassageLuXe, please go to https://franchise.massageluxe.com/
View the original article here: https://www.franchising.com/news/20210304_massageluxe_selected_a_top_emerging_franchise_for_2021_by_franchise_gator.html
Want Glowing Skin? Water is Part of the Answer
Alright… who doesn’t want glowing, healthy skin? Receiving regular facials and choosing the right skin health regimen helps to slow the aging process and keep your skin looking and feeling bright and refreshed, but you shouldn’t stop there. Drinking water, in combination with your skin health routine, will lead to a healthy radiant glow.
Not only is water incredibly important to your health in general, it’s also crucial to your skin. Here’s why:
Improves Collagen Production
Collagen provides structure to your skin, which helps your skin look plump and healthy. Unfortunately, your body makes less collagen as you age. Water assists with your body’s collagen production.
Gives Skin a Glow
Proper hydration gives you a healthier, more vibrant appearance. It also helps remove toxins from your blood, leaving your skin looking fresher.
Minimizes Pore Appearance
When you are hydrated, your skin is plumper. This helps to reduce the appearance of pores.
Delays Appearance of Aging
Water intake helps to keep your skin supple while getting essential nutrients to your cells. It also increases the elasticity of your skin, which helps to delay the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Drinking ample water balances the oil and water content on the skin of your face. This helps to prevent excess oil secretion, which means fewer clogged pores and acne. In addition, water helps to balance your body’s pH levels, which can help to reduce acne.
So, drink up! Your water intake is vital for your skin’s health and beauty. Make sure that you are pairing your skin health routine with proper hydration to get the most out of your skin.
Using Massage to Help with Arthritis
The last thing you need is your body and joints staging a revolt, making your busy days more difficult. The pain is one thing, but add in the additional time it takes to do mundane tasks, and its a recipe for stress. With 54 million adults struggling with arthritis, there has been a lot of research on where to turn for help.
According to Susan Bernstein, the former Vice President of the Arthritis Foundation, massage can reduce arthritis pain and symptoms by improving underlying conditions like sleeplessness and stress. Bernstein notes that massage can lower the bodys production of the stress hormone cortisol, and boost production of serotonin, which, in turn, can improve mood. Additionally, massage can lower production of the neurotransmitter substance P, often linked to pain, and improve sleep as a result.
MassageLuXe licensed massage therapists know what methods to use to get pain relief and to reduce your joint stiffness quickly. When you have a flare-up, most of the pain you are experiencing is a result of the muscles and tendons surrounding your joints. Massage can be used as a replacement or in conjunction with anti-inflammatory medication.
Massages That Help With Arthritis
Here are three therapeutic massages that have been proven effective in treating arthritis.
Swedish massage treatments can be a vital tool in delivering pain relief to rheumatism or degenerative joint disease sufferers as it promotes circulation, relieves aches, and reduces stiffness. Your MassageLuXe licensed massage therapist can apply pressure to your hands, neck, back, and shoulders to reduce inflammation caused by arthritis.
Swedish massage tends to work best for individuals suffering from lack of sleep, general stiffness, or anxiety.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage applies greater pressure and targets deeper layers of muscle; this makes it ideal for sports injuries, as well as chronic conditions. However, while some forms of massage are better suited to addressing joints and top muscle layers, deep tissue massage techniques provide healing benefits to the bodys fascia, which is the tissue that connects your muscles, bones, arteries, and organs. Deep tissue massage utilizes sustained pressure and deep strokes to address specific problem areas. Although often less comfortable than other forms of massage, the ultimate benefit of a deep tissue session is arthritis relief.
While effective, not everyone is suited for deep tissue massage. For instance, those who are new to massage may want to opt for another form of therapy before moving to deep tissue massage.
Hot Stone Massage
The treatment is administered by placing smooth, heated stones to key pressure points along the body. As heat radiates from the stones, the recipient experiences deep relaxation and improved blood circulation, along with arthritis relief.
Hot stone massages have a sedative effect that can relieve chronic pain, reduce stress, and promote deep relaxation.
Finding the Right Massage for You
At MassageLuXe, our licensed massage therapists understand the many forms of arthritis and other related conditions. We also understand there is no cure. Although there is no cure for these conditions, it does not mean you have to suffer through pain, discomfort, and immobility. Our licensed massage therapists will take the time to discuss your specific needs to ensure you are receiving a massage that is relaxing and healing. We believe everyone deserves to feel their best.
Throw Away Your Razor. Why Waxing is Better than Shaving
If you haven’t experienced smooth skin after a fresh wax, then you are missing out. Throw away your razors and jump into the waxing lifestyle. You will not be sorry you did.
MassageLuXe uses Repêchage® SeaSmooth Artisan Seaweed Wax, which is infused with select sea plants to soothe, heal, and calm the skin. Seaweed delivers vitamins, minerals, and trace elements to the skin for unparalleled smoothness. The wax is rich in zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and vitamin E, which work together to reduce irritation and redness.
If that doesn’t convince you, maybe this will:
Less and Finer Regrowth of Your Hair
Our favorite benefit of waxing is the hair doesn’t grow back very quickly. Waxing removes the hair from the root. With shaving, the hair is cut off close to the skin’s surface. Even with a very close shave, this still leaves a considerable amount of hair just below the surface, ready to appear in a day or two.
As a result, with waxing you get an incredibly smooth finish. No post-shower stubble or missed areas! Even those who experience fast regrowth can expect to enjoy the benefits of waxing for three to four weeks. Better yet, when the hair regenerates and grows back, it does so with a finely tapered end. This end is finer and not stubbly, meaning that even while waiting for your next wax, your skin will not feel as hairy as it would post-shaving.
Goodbye Shaving Rash and Icky Itch
Those bumps that appear post-shave are in the rearview mirror. Shaving can cause irritation to the skin. With shaving, you are exposing the area to friction every few days, which causes irritation. Waxing allows your skin time to calm down, and with the proper waxing post-care, you will be smooth and bump-free.
Not only will you see the difference, but you will also feel the difference. After shaving, you often feel itchy because of the hair regrowth and stubble friction. Waxing will allow you to be itch-free for longer.
No Cuts or Ingrown Hairs
Ingrown hairs are painful, unsightly, and take days to heal. At their worst, they can even become infected and could lead to scarring. The licensed estheticians at MassageLuXe know how to remove the wax strips in the best way to reduce the risk of ingrown hairs. If you are prone to ingrown hairs, let us know during your consultation and skin analysis, and be sure to exfoliate and moisturize prior to your appointment.
Shaving is a chore, and you have enough on your plate. Pair your wax with a facial or a massage and treat yourself to smooth skin and a clear mind. We will see you soon!
Massage is More Than a Treat. It is Medicine.
We all love a relaxing massage and can agree that receiving one is an escape that we would welcome in our daily routine. The mental and physical stress of our lives weigh us down, and the relaxation of a massage is the perfect antidote. Many agree that getting a massage is a luxury, but that is not all it is. Massage is also medicine.
The history of massage therapy dates back to 3000 BCE (or earlier) in India, where it was considered a sacred system of natural healing. It is a practice that has been passed down through generations to heal injuries, relieve pain, and prevent and cure illnesses with the belief that illness and disease are caused when people are out of sync with the environment. Massage is believed to restore the bodys natural and physical balance so that it can heal naturally.
Studies have found that massage is helpful for, but not limited to:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
According to a recent consumer survey sponsored by the American Massage Therapy Association, 77 percent of respondents said their primary reason for receiving a massage in the past year was medical or stress-related. Massage is shown to improve the balance of your autonomic nervous system that controls most of the bodys processes without you even knowing it. This is the way that your body reacts to stress.
An article published by the Wall Street Journal talks about the health benefits of massage therapy and states:
Massage therapy boosts immune function in women with breast cancer
- Increases grip strength in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome
- The American College of Physicians and the American Pain Society now include massage as one of their recommendations for treating low back pain
- Massageleads to areduction in the level of cortisol, a stress hormone
- Massage leads to a decrease in cytokine proteins related to inflammation and allergic reactions
- Massage boosts white blood cells that fight infection
- The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, part of the National Institutes of Health, is currently spending $2.7 million on massage research, up from $1.5 million
- Full-body Swedish massage greatly improved symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knee. Patients who had massages twice weekly for four weeks and once a week for an additional four weeks had less pain and stiffness and a better range of motion than those who did not get massages.
While massage has earned the reputation of being a luxury, the benefits go way beyond the feelings of relaxation. With so many recognizing the numerous benefits of massage, isnt it about time to get yourself on a regular massage schedule and start seeing the benefits for yourself?
How to Beat ‘Maskne’
If you’re one of the many who are experiencing maskne over the past few months, this is for you! Maskne is acne that occurs from sweat, oil, and bacteria being trapped on your skin, under your mask, creating a breeding ground for breakouts. Maskne is also aggravated by stress, as people worry about everything from jobs to school and health!
Tips to help prevent and treat maskne, improve skin health, and alleviate stress:
For Your Skin
- Cleanse Your Face Every Day – Dirt and oil accumulate on your face throughout the day, so it’s important to cleanse your face of any buildup at night. It’s okay to cleanse your face in the morning as well, but you don’t want to do it more than twice a day unless you are following instructions from a dermatologist. First, remove any eye makeup with a gentle makeup remover. Then, use lukewarm water to rinse your face along with a gentle cleanser. Look for a cleanser that matches your skin type or ask your licensed MassageLuXe esthetician for advice. Toner is great for anyone fighting acne or with oily skin, and this should be applied after a cleanser. Apply moisturizer in the morning and at night. In the morning, be sure to use a daytime moisturizer with SPF.
- Wash Your Masks – Change your masks frequently and keep them clean to reduce irritation. Use a fragrance-free detergent to further prevent irritation. Not only does washing keep acne at bay, it is also important for infection control.
- Moisturize Under Your Mask – Don’t shy away from putting moisturizer on your face because you’re afraid it will cause acne. A light layer of moisturizer can serve as a barrier for your skin against any friction or irritation from the mask. And don’t forget your lips — lip balm works great to prevent dry, chapped lips.
- Go Light on the Makeup – It’s OKAY to wear a little makeup to cover those blemishes, just keep it light (especially if it’s going under a mask for a while). Just make sure to cleanse your face and remove your makeup daily. Enjoying a makeup-free lifestyle while wearing a mask can be even more helpful!
- Get a Professional Facial – There may be no better way to de-stress AND treat maskne at the same time than by visiting a MassageLuXe Spa for a professional facial. Get a facial customized to your skin type to help get rid of or prevent maskne.
For Your Stress:
- Sleep Tight – Many of us are sleep-deprived, especially now that working/teaching/doing everything from home makes it hard to “turn off.” Make sleep a priority so you can stress less and focus more during the waking hours.
- Stretch to Relieve Stress – If you’re working from home, homeschooling your kids, or trying to do both at the same time, you’re probably stressed out! Take a break at your desk and give your neck a stress-relieving stretch.
- Maintain an Exercise Routine – You don’t need to hit the gym just to get the exercise you need to feel better. Exercise is an important component in your goal of stressing less — it releases all sorts of hormones that make you feel better. Take a walk or go for a jog around your neighborhood or join a virtual training program if you need motivation to exercise at home.
- Turn Your Bathroom into a Spa – Fill up your tub with hot water, throw on some relaxing music, light an aromatherapy candle, and voila! You have yourself an at-home spa! A warm bath has the power to relax tense muscles, lower your blood pressure, and relieve joint pain.
- Get a Professional Massage – A soothing massage will do wonders to help you relax and feel free from stress. A Swedish massage can be very gentle and relaxing, while a deep tissue massage helps relax tight muscles.
Visiting MassageLuXe monthly for routine facials and massages and following the above steps at-home between visits, you can kick stubborn maskne to the curb!